An opportunity for a Senior Scientist to join a leading drug discovery and development organisation based in the North West.
Job Title: Senior Scientist
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Location: North West
SRG are working with a leading drug discovery and development organisation who are looking for a Senior Scientist to join their organisation and form part of their anti-infectives therapeutics team. You will be working in the infectious disease therapeutic area looking at life-threatening infections arising from bacteria, fungi and viruses.
- Lead client and internal projects through planning, execution and reporting phases
- Assist in business development activities including big proposal drafting and costing
- Partner with internal teams to enable the identification and optimisation of drug candidates through in silico, in vitro and in vivo approaches
- Provide Scientific input into for DoE models
- Look at PK/PD relationships of anti-infective drugs
- Oversee laboratory operations, ensuring quality standards and processes and maintained
- Ensure quality control of data
- Prepare client reports and presentation of data to customers
- PhD in a life science discipline with relevant experience or equivalent industrial experience
- Working in a CRO environment would be highly advantageous
- Experience working in a microbiology laboratory environment at containment level 2 and direct experience working with bacteria, fungi or viruses
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Infectious Disease, Virus, Virology, Microbiology, Microbiologist, Mycology, pharmacodynamics, pharmacokinetics, pk/pd, in vitro, in vivo, in silico, drug discovery, bacteria, fungi, pre-clinical, science, scientific, research and development, SCL2,
your application has been submitted