Synthetic Organic Chemist
Competitive remuneration package
Our client, an entrepreneurial and revolutionary organisation based in Cambridge, are hiring for a number of Synthetic Organic Chemists, instrumental in the growth and development of a novel DNA platform within the realms of highly disruptive technology.
Role requirements and exposure you can expect in this role:
- Educated to BSc/MSc/PhD or equivalent, in synthetic organic chemistry or a related chemistry discipline along with a proven background in development of processes in synthetic organic chemistry - a mix of both academic and industrial experience is necessary.
- You will be capable and confident in using analytical methodology such as NMR, LC-MS, IR, HPLC and oligonucleotide and DNA analysis. Along with MS Office, Chemdraw, Reaxys and fluorescence, reaction kinetics, nucleotide/side chemistry and surface analysis, synthetic chemistry route design and process optimisation, analytical techniques associated with oligo-synthesis.
- Your background will demonstrate any of the following core areas: Flow, Automation, Process, DNA Sequencing or Oligonucleotide chemistry.
- You will be comfortable working in small and highly cohesive project teams across multidisciplinary fields such as: engineering, physics, surface and synthetic chemistry, biology and software engineering.
- You will work well to deadlines with minimal supervision and be capable of leading and influencing others, demonstrating a solutions-focused approach and always "going out on a limb" to propose novel strategies to achieve the goal for the bigger picture.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, you will enjoy presenting to other teams, working collaboratively and supportively in a fast-moving and ever-evolving discipline.
- You will have an up-to-date working knowledge of safety protocols including COSHH/HSE and risk assessments.
These roles represent a fantastic opportunity to work with a select group of scientists, engineers and physicists at the cutting-edge of de novo gene synthesis. You will expected to contribute to the progression of research and development in the unique and emerging area of science, and will be rewarded by a competitive remuneration package, contributory pension scheme, private medical care, life assurance and opportunity to benefit from staff equity scheme.
For further information and a confidential conversation please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858.
your application has been submitted