Analytical and Purification ScientistLocation: Little Chesterford, Saffron Walden Salary: £14/hr Contract: 12 months
SRG are working with a leading pharmaceutical company who are currently looking for an Analytical and Purification Scientist to join their team in Saffron Walden.
- As an Analytical and Purification Scientist, you will be part of a team of highly motivated analytical and structural chemists contributing to the design, quality, structural and physical chemistry profiling of new Chemical Entities. As a member of the Analytical and Structural Chemistry team, you will be closely working with synthetic, medicinal and computational chemists to progress Chemistry objectives in projects at various stages of drug discovery.
- You will be specifically responsible for carrying out analysis and purification to support synthesis of new chemical entities. You will be delivering solutions through hands-on experimentation, ensuring critical large-scale purifications and compound quality Certificate of Analysis are delivered to agreed timelines. Furthermore, the role holder will be responsible for managing and maintaining state of the art analytical chemistry Open Access Facilities (LCMS, and RP-HPLC).
- You will be expected to have effective levels of communication and scientific drive, co-ordinating effectively with the other members of the analytical and synthesis teams to drive project progression.
Skills and experience:
- MS/BS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Physical Chemistry and/or successful experience obtained in a pharmaceutical and/or chemical industry.
- 1 - 2 years' experience of working within an industrial research setting (pharmaceutical or other)
- Good knowledge of key analytical and purification techniques (HPLC, SFC, NMR and MS). Use knowledge to assess options available and delivered robust scientific contributions to synthesis projects.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience of analytical and preparative HPLC and SFC techniques
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of LCMS, HPLC and/or SFC hardware and related software.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder skills, and the ability to discuss complex ideas in a simple, easy to understand way
- Strong prioritization skills to ensure project delivery
- Ability to operate positively within a team working environment.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career.
If you think this opportunity is for you then apply now or contact Umul on 0203 096 4529 or send your CV to email@example.com.
your application has been submitted