Key words: q-PCR, reagent assays, DNA, molecular biology, diagnostic devices
This is an exciting opportunity for a Molecular Biologist / Biochemist (or related) to apply their skills and knowledge in the field of qPCR reagent assays, to support a multidisciplinary team of scientists in bringing diagnostic devices to clinical settings Worldwide.
- Dedicated bench scientist working to support the rapid development of qPCR reagent assays alongside instrument development
- Working with a bespoke ultra-efficient thermal control technology to speed up the DNA amplification process, you will support with the identification of qPCR assays for a custom new hardware system
- Development of assays on standard equipment, and transfer to the new bespoke system
- Monitoring result findings, recording data and presenting to Senior team for interrogation
- Working as part of a small, multidisciplinary team of Scientists and Engineers
- Degree or equivalent in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related
- Strong, hands-on experience of qPCR within a regulated laboratory - this must be within industry in addition to academic experience
- Experience working with SOPs, databases and adhering to stringent ISO's and accreditations
- Able to adapt to working with standardised instrumentation as well as instruments in the development process
- Excellent communication skills, concise and articulate in your verbal and written style
- It would be helpful to have an appreciation of ISO 13485 and have worked in a collaborative environment with a range of disciplines in play
Does this sound like it could fulfil you?
Can you travel to South West Cambs daily?
Then apply now by attaching your CV in Word, or contact Bec Johnston for further information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01223 607858
your application has been submitted