Development Chemist required to join a successful company in Greater Manchester.
SRG is working with a well-established company producing a wide variety of polymer-based products for a range of industrial applications. As a result of their continued success and now going through a period of significant growth, they are looking to hire a chemist to join their R&D team. The role would be suitable for an individual who has some industrial laboratory experience, keen to take the next step in their career in R&D, or a graduate with an interest in industrial chemistry, looking for their first or second role. Working alongside the Technical Manager, you can expect to enjoy significant development in this role including further study and a definite career path to a more diverse and senior role.
Job title: Development ChemistLocation: Great ManchesterSalary: £23,000 - £26,000 dependant on experience
Role PurposeTo develop products from scratch and make improvements to existing products when necessary. Assisting the Technical Manager in all aspects of the technical function including formulation, technical service, QA, applications, raw material validation and some regulatory.
- Short-term - Carry out formulation and analytical lab activities for day-to-day technical support, QA and application support in support of manufacturing, raw materials and finished goods QA and customers.
- Medium Term - Create, test and validate product enhancement, process improvement and additional functional product requirements. Develop formulations and provide batch formulation recipes supported by testing and manufacturing instructions
- Long Term -Develop new product formulations adding to the company's existing product portfolio or in conjunction with new prospective customers. Convert successful formulations into manufacturing instructions with associated technical documentation
Benefits: The company is offering a definite career path, a warm, friendly, people focused working environment, excellent on-site facilities and an 8% pension, 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service (plus bank hols), Working 8 - 5, 40 hours per week.
- Degree in Chemistry or closely related discipline
- Industrial laboratory/manufacturing experience preferred ideally in surface coatings, paints, adhesives etc. for commercial applications, ideally including polymer chemistry.
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Takes ownership of tasks
- Happy in a small team
- Good time management skills
- Well organised
- Able to multitask
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Nathan.Fairhurst@srgtalent.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
your application has been submitted