An opportunity for a Microbiologist to join a Molecular Diagnostics Organisation who are looking to make accurate and accessible diagnostics to help improve healthcare around the world.
Job Title: Microbiologist
Location: County Durham
SRG are working with a Molecular Diagnostic Organisation who are looking for a Microbiologist to join their team. You will be assisting the Laboratory Manager with running the Microbiology Facility and helping within other departments.
- Maintaining media and consumable stocks within the microbiology laboratory
- Prepare, maintain and performing quality control testing of laboratory media used for growth and propagation of microorganisms
- Cultures by propagation viable pathogenic and non-pathogenic stock cultures of bacteria, viruses, and fungi
- Preparing microbiological sample for research scientists
- Monitoring and updating of laboratory inventory including disposal of out-of-date reagents and media
- Ensuring laboratory operate to ISO13485
- Maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- BSc in Life Science or equivalent
- Experience of working in a microbiology laboratory, preferably to ISO13485
SRG are the UK number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Harrison Bailey at Harrison.email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Harrison on 0161 868 2238.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: ISO13485, Microbiology, Life Science, Molecular Diagnostics, IVD, qPCR, Medical Devices, QMS, Quality Management System, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, DNA extraction, RNA extraction, Molecular Biology
your application has been submitted