Development Scientist - Protein Purification, Permanent Position, £25,000 - £30,000 + Benefits, London Based
Development Scientist - Protein Purification
£25,000 - £30,000 + Benefits
Permanent Position, London Based
Do you have experience in Protein Purification and/or Protein Characterisation techniques?
Would you like to work for a leading Pharmaceutical / Healthcare manufacturing organisation?
My client are a leading Pharmaceutical organisation based in London, manufacturing a range of high-quality medicinal products, with a strong market presence. They are currently looking to hire a Development Scientist- Protein Purification, who will join their R&D division to support ongoing R&D projects, leading experiments and providing scientific knowledge and insight relating to protein purification and/or characterisation and analysis.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing organisation with a strong portfolio of on market products, as well as a promising development pipeline.
Key Responsibilities of the Development Scientist- Protein Purification will include;
- Take ownership of a development project, leading project timelines, resource management, and updating on project progress.
- Lead the design and execution of experiments relating to development projects.
- Support ongoing R&D projects, providing scientific insight and knowledge within protein purification and/or protein characterisation and analysis (e.g. AKTA, Chromatography: Ion Exchange / Affinity etc., Filtration: Viral / Ultra / Depth, Precipitation / Centrifugation etc.).
- Support method development/optimisation and process development/improvement activities.
- Prepare scientific documents, including study plans, technical reports and standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Ensure regulatory compliance is maintained e.g. GMP / GLP.
To be considered for the Development Scientist- Protein Purification, you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a relevant scientific subject (Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Infectious Disease etc.)
- Experience working with protein purification and/or protein characterisation and analysis techniques (e.g. AKTA, Chromatography: Ion Exchange / Affinity etc., Filtration: Viral / Ultra / Depth, Precipitation / Centrifugation etc.).
- Prior demonstratable experience in Design of Experiments (DOE).
- Demonstratable understanding of pharmaceutical regulatory guidelines (Good Manufacturing Practice - GMP).
- Strong written and analytical skillset in order to analyse scientific data and prepare technical scientific reports.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
Key Words "Protein Purification, Protein Analysis, Protein Characterisation, Development Scientist, Scientist, Analytical Scientist, Method Development, Method Optimisation, AKTA, Chromatography, Filtration, Pharmaceutical, Biopharmaceutical, GMP, GLP, GxP, London"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information