Job Title: Buyer
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
A leading chemical manufacturing company based North Manchester is looking for a confident and hard-working buyer to add to their team.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with current and new suppliers
- Manage inventory levels in line with business targets
- Approve supplier invoices for payments
- Proactively manage supplier and material planning
- Identify cost savings
- Deliver KPIs on Supply Delivery Performance
The role is based within a fast paced environment and will provide an exciting and lively atmosphere to develop and gain new skills.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Previous purchasing and/or material planning experience
- Experience using MRP / ERP systems
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Minimum C grade GCSE, or equivalent, English and Maths
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- CIPS - Ideal but not essential
Please apply for the job below, or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org / 0161 868 2225
If you have a procurement / purchasing background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch via my contact details above.
SRG - Scientific Recruitment Group
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
Our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Procurement, Purchasing, Buyer, CIPS, Manufacturing, MCIPS, Commercial, Supply Chain, Strategic Purchasing, Tactical Purchasing, Indirect Purchasing, Direct Purchasing, Supply Chain Planning, Material Planner, Material Planning, Demand Planning, Chemical Manufacturing, Chemicals.
your application has been submitted