QA Officer - Supplier Management
Salary - £35,000 - £39000 + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience in Auditing Suppliers / Vendors?
Would you like to work for an established and successful healthcare and pharmaceutical company in London?
My client are an established and successful international healthcare and pharmaceutical business, with a laboratory and manufacturing facility in London. They have a have an excellent portfolio of products, both on the market and under development. The business has always been family owned and they strive on providing the highest quality in all of their products for consumers. Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a QA Officer - Supplier Management.
The QA Officer - Supplier Management will take a key role in the Quality Assurance department, reporting to the Head of QA. The QA Officer - Supplier Management will manage the vendor management programme to ensure that all vendors and suppliers comply with quality and regulatory requirements, including GDP and GMP.
The role will involve travel within the UK and Europe, to visit vendor sites.
Key Responsibilities of the QA Officer - Supplier Management will include;
- Develop and maintain the vendor management programme, covering raw material suppliers, packaging suppliers, contract manufacturers and distributors.
- Maintain the approved supplier list and manage and review supplier questionnaires.
- Develop and execute the annual vendor audit schedule, performing vendor risk assessments, conducting audits (routine and for-cause), and reporting findings.
- Work with vendors to develop improvement plan and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA's) and follow up with vendor, supporting investigations with suppliers into major quality issues.
- Develop and maintain Quality and Technical Agreements (QTA's) with key vendors.
- Analyse trends and summarise vendor performance, rating vendors based on risk.
- Provide input into the quarterly Management Reviews.
To be considered for the QA Officer - Supplier Management role, you will need the following skills and experience;
- Educated to degree level, preferably science-based such as Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Food Science etc, or have suitable equivalent experience
- Certified Lead Auditor status, experienced in vendor audits - ideally raw material suppliers, packaging suppliers, and contract manufacturers.
- Working experience from within a manufacturing environment in Pharmaceuticals, Food, cosmetics or OTC medicines.
- Knowledge and practical experience of GMP/GDP requirements for Pharmaceuticals, food and OTC medicines.
- Excellent report writing, analytical & investigative skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a wide range of people at all levels in the organisation.
- Well organised with good Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and deal effectively with a varied workload, flexible to manage changing priorities.
- Experience managing a supplier audit program would be very useful, but is not essential
Key Words "Vendor Audits, Supplier Audits, Vendor Management, Lead Auditor, Supplier Management, Quality Assurance, QA Officer, GMP, GDP, GLP, Pharmaceutical, Food, OTC, nutraceutical, Healthcare, Packaging"
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Vendor / Supplier Auditor to take a role managing the vendor assurance programme.
Please apply online, or call Neil Walton
your application has been submitted