SRG are seeking a scientist with experience in antibody production and purification to join a pharmaceutical company based in slough. This team is responsible for the production and characterisation of antibody research reagents to support all active research and early development pipeline projects at a wide range of scales (mg's to grams).
The scientist will join a high-performing team responsible for production of antibody proteins to support all research activities. We rely on platform approaches for the purification and analysis of mammalian expressed antibodies in a variety of species, isotypes and formats.
- BSc or MSc in Biochemistry or related field
- Purification of antibody, antibody fragment and novel antibody format biologicals from transient mammalian expression platforms, including CHO and HEK
- Experience running AKTA/Unicorn purification systems and UPLC/Empower and/or HPLC/Chemstations analytical systems
- Competence in a range of protein characterisation techniques: Analytical SEC, SDS-PAGE, Western blot, and UV-Vis spectroscopy
- As a bonus, experience of mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Demonstrate a flexible and professional attitude with a willingness to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Demonstrate good presentation, communication and data sharing skills in one to one and team meetings.
- Organise and maintain lab equipment to high standards, including maintenance and cleaning.
- Organise work effectively and manage time to work on multiple projects.
- Maintain diligent record keeping of experimental methods and results via electronic laboratory notebooks and online registration system.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic scientist to develop skills and experience in the biopharmaceutical sector.
To apply for this position, please apply online. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Umul on 0203 096 4529
your application has been submitted