Job Title: Laboratory Innovation Technician
Salary: £26,000 + dependent on experience
Location: Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire
Contract: Initial 18 Month Fixed Term Contract (potentially to permanent)
SRG are currently looking for an experienced individual from the food & drink sector (or a knowledgeable food science/related graduate) to join a global beverage organisation at their site in Bishop Stortford (Hertfordshire) as a Laboratory Innovation Technician. This role would sit within the organisation's Disrupt Innovation territory, lying at the centre of the organisation's R&D function. This role would focus in quickly innovating and testing ideas with consumers. You would truly play an integral role in developing new beverage products for some of the world's best known brands.
As a Laboratory Innovation technician, your responsibilities will be split between Disrupt Innovation, and Laboratory Support:
- Disrupt Innovation:
- Source consumables & non-standard components for Pilot Scale production
- Prepare Pilot Plant set-up for new product manufacture, across vodkas, gins, beers, and other products.
- Assist in prototype preparation & filling
- Label & collate prototypes
- Clean-down pilot plant equipment
- Carry out routine liquid analysis
- Arrange microbiological clearance
- Liaise with external suppliers
- Laboratory Support:
- Complete COSHH registration of new incoming flavours (<100g) that have no hazard warnings that require Risk Assessment of that flavour
- Ensure correct PPE is available in a clean and useable condition at all times
- Ensure all standard commodity ingredients are fully stocked
- Calibrate relevant equipment daily
- Ensure all SOP's are current and employed by equipment users (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Minimum of BSc/comparable in a relevant scientific discipline
- Candidates should have a solid grounding and practical experience in working in a laboratory environment.
- Strong practical capability & skills
- Attention to detail & structured approach with solid record keeping
- Good communication skills
Apply online, or call Nathan McCarron to discuss on 0161 868 2234.
your application has been submitted