The role of the Analytical Chemistry Manager (Pharmaceutical R&D) is to coach, mentor and lead a team of motivated, development analytical scientists
Analytical Chemistry Manager (Pharmaceutical R&D)
Competitive Salary + Relocation + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Based in Kent
Are you an analytical expert with management experience?
Would you like to work for a Pharma company with an exciting portfolio of products on market and under development?
My client are dedicated to developing novel medicines that have the potential to transform lives for patients and their families. Their continuously growing and successful business comprises of talented individuals globally, in an environment which recognises all employees are instrumental to the company's success.
Following the recent market approval of their 'first in class' therapy, they are looking to invest in their pharmaceutical development department, with the addition of an Analytical Chemistry Manager (Pharmaceutical R&D).
The role of the Analytical Chemistry Manager (Pharmaceutical R&D) is to coach, mentor and lead a team of motivated, development analytical scientists. Experienced in line management within a Chemical or Pharmaceutical Development environment, you will use your expertise in analytical chemistry to coach, mentor and lead a team of motivated scientists, within R&D and play a vital role in delivering the companies highly promising development and discovery pipeline.
The Analytical Chemistry Manager (Pharmaceutical R&D) will provide strong leadership and people management skills to the team to ensure project deliverables are met, key responsibilities will be;
- Oversee analytical method development, method validation and technical transfer activities
- Provide the technical expertise on a range of analytical techniques (e.g. HPLC/UPLC, LC & GC-MS and other spectroscopic techniques)
- Mentor direct reports to develop and maximise individual and team performance
- Lead by example, demonstrating the highest levels of professionalism, accountability and positive attitude
- Exhibit strong team working and communication skills to work collaboratively within and outside your department
- Continuously review the effectiveness of existing processes, challenge the norm and provide input into process improvements
- Apply principles of cGMP, to ensure data is generated and recorded accurately, consistently and to a high standard
- Keep abreast of relevant ICH guidelines and trends in the pharmaceutical industry and support regulatory submissions
- Demonstrate the highest standards of health and safety
To be considered for the Analytical Chemistry Manager (Pharmaceutical R&D) position, you'll need the following;
- Proven experience in line management and staff development
- Skilled in developing methods for a variety of product types and an understanding of the analytical method requirements at the different stages of product development
- A track record of delivering to deadlines, being proactive and a desire to use own initiative to solve problems and improve existing processes
- Experience of working collaboratively with chemists, formulation scientists, regulatory, QA &/or production is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) are essential, to ensure effective communication with reports, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
Key Words "Method Development, Stability study, method validation, formulation development, process development, analytical development, GMP, ICH, laboratory, Pharmaceutical, manager, leader, team leader, supervisor, laboratory manager, lead analyst, department manager, group leader, HPLC, GC, Chromatography, SFC, TLP, UPLC, NMR, Analytical Chemistry Manager (Pharmaceutical R&D)"
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and successful Pharma company, with a genuinely exciting product portfolio.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 02030964706.