Analysis of NGS data throughout the research and development of novel molecular diagnostic instruments.
Data Analyst - Next-Generation Sequencing
Based in London
Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
My client are a leading molecular diagnostics company who are integrating cutting-edge semiconductor technologies with novel biochemical techniques to develop a new next generation sequencing (NGS) platform and associated molecular diagnostic applications, which will have a significant impact on patient health and disease diagnosis, including oncology diagnostics.
Due to continued growth they are looking to hire a Data Analyst - Science to work on the NGS platform development team, responsible for the analysis of NGS data throughout the research and development process.
Responsibilities of the Data Analyst - Science will be;
- Development of signal processing and data analysis algorithms for the NGS platform.
- Deep analysis of data sets generated by ongoing R&D work, including but not limited to processing of raw electronic signals generated by the NGS platform and associated troubleshooting
- Developing novel data visualisation methodologies to support lab activities
- Continuous liaison with laboratory teams to feedback results and inform experimental design
- Continuous improvement of signal processing algorithms
- Supporting the design and implementation of high-throughput automated primary DNA sequencing signal analysis software where required (base calls, mapped reads, quality scores, error rate, signal to noise, phasing, coverage depth)
- Fulfilment of all documentation as required by Quality Management System, aligned to ISO 13485 Quality Standard.
Person Specification for the Data Analyst - Science:
The scientists and engineers thrive on working within interdisciplinary teams. You should have a practical, self-motivated approach to your work, feeling comfortable with working in a dynamic research and development environment. We are looking for people with a passion for their work - people who strive for exceptional results and who can deliver pragmatic solutions on time.
Qualifications and experience for the Data Analyst - Science:Required:
- MSc. or PhD preferred in a scientific field such as Applied Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics, or Computer Science
- Highly proficient in Python - SciPy, NumPy, Pandas
- Demonstrable skills and experience with raw signal processing, data analysis, and data visualisation
- A high level of mathematical ability, with a methodical and logical approach
- Innovative problem-solving abilities, self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team, especially in the molecular diagnostics and biotechnology sectors
- Clear communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with colleagues from various disciplines
- Experience with Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS), ideally ISFET-based sequencing, and raw sequencing signal processing
- Sound knowledge of genomics and statistical methods
- Experience working with a range of programming languages, including R, SQL, and MatLab
- Working knowledge of bioinformatics formats (HDF5, FastQ, etc.)
- Confident in a Linux environment and Git source code repository
- Development, optimisation and implementation of NGS primary analysis algorithms
Key Words "Bioinformatics, Data Analyst, NGS, Sequencing, Python, R, SQL, Matlab, Next Generation Sequencing, Data Analyst, Statistics, Genomics, Oncology, Molecular Biology, data analysis, algorithms"
Please apply online or call Neil walton on 02030964706