An innovative pharmaceuticals company in Northumberland who work on a variety of pharmaceutical products are looking for a Radiosynthesis Chemists to join their growing team that works on the labelling of pharmaceuticals with radioisotopes.
The successful Radiosynthesis Chemist will work on a range of radiochemical syntheses to GMP standards, particularly focusing on Carbon-14 (14C) chemistry. This will involve a range of duties including:
- Working on the full synthetic process from start to finish, including synthetic route design and the performance and management of syntheses
- The scale up of synthetic processes, although this will be working with relatively low scales
- In addition to radiochemistry, some standard synthesis of pharmaceuticals will also be involved
- You will take charge of certain small synthetic projects
To be considered for the Radiosynthesis Chemist role, you will either:
- Be educated to PhD level with your project focusing on synthetic organic chemistry
- Will have a degree (or equivalent) in chemistry with a minimum of one year in industry performing organic synthesis, preferably in pharmaceuticals.
It would be a bonus (but is not essential) for you to have experience with:
- Working to GMP standards
- Working with any radiochemistry/radioisotopes
If you are looking to take the next step in your career to the exciting field of radiochemistry in Northumberland please apply online. Any queries can be directed to Luke on 0191 284 6768
your application has been submitted