NMR ScientistSlough12 monthsSRG are seeking a scientist with experience in spectroscopy techniques such as (CD, FTIR and NMR specifically) to join a pharmaceutical company based...
Biological Process Development Scientist
£32,000 - £40,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Do you have experience in manufacturing process development within molecular biology or proteins/peptides/enzymes?
Would you like to work for a leading life sciences company in the London area?
My client are a cutting edge biotechnology company partnering leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and research organisations.
Working in a key role that sits between early stage innovation and manufacturing, you will develop new methods of high quality bio-molecule manufacture using novel in vitro processes. You will play an important role in the manufacturing process development and characterisation of molecules, working in a team to establish critical process parameters and controls prior to industrial scale up and using state of the art analytical methods to characterise intermediates and the end product.
You will look to optimise processes, through lab scale analysis and scale-up, through technical evaluation, adaptation & adoption of novel methodologies emerging from within the innovations team, working to ensure processes are robust and could be transferred later on down the line into a GMP facility. The company has a highly collaborative culture, both within the manufacturing development function and with the research teams. In addition you will be expected to interact with outside collaborators and contractors.
To be considered you will need the following skills and experience;
- Relevant work experience in process/analytical development or manufacture, in an industrial scientific, biotechnology or pharmaceutical environment.
- A multidisciplinary background, comprising a broad range of laboratory skills including molecular biology, DNA manipulation, protein biology & enzymology
- PhD level qualification in Molecular Biology / Biochemistry / Protein chemistry, or a BSc / MSc plus equivalent laboratory / industrial experience.
- Applicants must be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills and an ability to learn new techniques.
- Experience in keeping accurate and thorough records of laboratory experiments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment is vital.
- Experience in the development of biochemical/enzymatic processes and/or experience in process characterisation and qualification would be an advantage.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary (commensurate with experience), and performance related bonuses, the successful candidate will be invited to join the company pension scheme.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 0203 096 4706 for further information.