Graduate Analytical Chemist PharmaceuticalsBased in Berkshire£19,000 £21,000 + Benefits Are you a recent Science graduate looking for your first break into industry, or an experienced...
Analytical Chemistry Technician
1 year contract initially
Do you have experience of analytical chemistry, especially Chromatography such as HPLC, GC or LC/MS?
Would you like to work in a state-of-the-art modern laboratory for a large Pharmaceutical company?
My client is looking for a team player with some knowledge and experience in analytical chemistry, who is willing to learn and grow within the role of an Analytical Chemistry Technician. The company specialises in the development and manufacturing and research on novel pharmaceutical compounds.
Responsibilities of the Analytical Chemistry Technician;
- Regular use of chromatography systems for purification and separation of novel compounds
- Providing analytical support to the Analytical Chemists in the laboratory (GC, HPLC, GPC analysis, titrations and other specialist tests) as required.
- General maintenance and calibration of the laboratory
- Ensuring laboratory practice and safety at all time
To be considered for the Analytical Chemistry Technician you will need the following skills and experience;
- Higher level qualification, HNC or BSc in Chemistry or similar subject with an analytical content.
- Ability to work independently while also being a strong team player
- Experience in running analytical or characterisation instruments such as HPLC, UV-VIS, GC, GC-MS, ICP and FT-IR and wet chemistry techniques. This could be working experience, or as a graduate.
- A familiarity and ability to work within laboratory health & safety protocols
- Excellent communication, team working and organisation skills are required.
Key Words "Chemistry, Analytical Chemist, Research Chemist, HPLC, Chromatography, Analytical Chemistry, Graduate, Laboratory, UV-VIS, FT-IR, GC/MS, Analysis, Characterisation, Purification, Separation, Testing, Berkshire, GLP, Lab Technician"
Please apply online with your latest CV