Biomedical Scientist/Advanced Dissector - Cellular Pathology Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week/Monday - Friday Salary: Dependent upon skills and exp
Inhalation Formulation ScientistLength: 12 months Location: Loughborough
SRG are working with a leading pharmaceutical company who are currently looking for an Inhalation Formulation Scientist to join them at their site based in Loughborough. The successful candidate will be predominantly working in the early stage inhalation product development.
Activities will include:
- Plan, organise, lead/support the laboratory manufacture of formulations and small-scale product batches in line with functional/departmental requirements.
- Responsible for assisting (and leading) the characterisation of raw materials, development of formulations and final drug dosage forms for inhalation products.
- Novel & new inhalation product development and creation of intellectual property.
- Undertake formulation-related testing in line with functional/departmental requirements.
- Research/create/ develop/formulate MDI (or DPI) inhalation products via a QbD framework and participate in patent & IP generation.
- Use physical characterisation techniques to determine properties of powders and formulations.
- Conduct in-vitro data analysis and interpretation of data (preferably inhalation product testing) - via relevant statistical software packages (Excel, Minitab etc).
- Research relevant industry developments in the areas of inhalation product development.
- Conduct inhalation product testing using existing and new technologies relating to inhalation product characterisation.
- Relevant PhD or MSc (minimum) in a pharmaceutical related discipline (preferably related to pharmaceutical product development/formulation).
- 5 years plus experience in a pharmaceutical formulation specific role (preferably inhalation and pMDI and/or DPI related).
- Has a demonstrable track record of innovation & research activity in new product development (preferably Inhalation related).
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical materials science and physical characterisation techniques.
- Highly experienced in in-vitro data analysis and data interpretation (preferably for inhalation product testing) - Also has experience of relevant statistical software packages (Excel, Minitab etc).
- Working experience of applying QBD principles to new product development and has an excellent knowledge of industry guidance's relating to inhalation product development.
- Familiar with inhalation product testing methodology and new technologies relating to inhalation product characterisation.
- Must possess a high level of technical authoring and technical presentation skills
- Experience of leading the planning and execution of multiple experimental studies (experimental design) and has worked in cross functional multidisciplinary teams.
Don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience and develop your career. If you think this opportunity is for you then apply now or contact Umul on 0203 096 4529 or send your CV to email@example.com