Formulation Chemist to be based in Lancashire, North West. Requiring proven chemical formulation experience and offering future growth potential.Title: Formulation Chemist Location: North WestSalary: £40,000...
Title R&D Chemist Location Lancashire
Salary £25,000 - £30,000
SRG are currently working with a world leader in the development and supply of speciality chemical products to the construction industry. Continuously growing, they are looking to hire an experienced chemist to join them as a dedicated R&D Chemist, working alongside their talented technical team to develop & formulate materials, Hotmelts, paints & sealants for their global market. This role would be well suited to a Development Chemist with prior experience of developing, paints, coatings, adhesives, sealants or bituminous produces.
- 25 days holiday + Public Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Profit Related Bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
Role / Description This role will be focused on the development & formulation of products based upon materials such as thermoplastics & bitumen. Key duties will include:
- The development & formulation of products such as Hotmelts, coatings, paints, adhesives & related materials.
- Optimisation of existing products, looking for cost savings or improvements.
- Assisting in the development of new technologies
- Providing internal technical support,
- Benchmarking of competitor products.
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry or a related subject OR proven experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in the development of products such as paints, coatings, sealants, Hotmelts & adhesives for the construction industry.
- Good knowledge of either thermoplastics, epoxy resins or bituminous materials.
- Well organised with good time management skills, being able to deliver projects on time.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srgtalent.com . For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit https://www.srgtalent.com/jobs to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: R&D, NPD, Product Development, Paint, polymer, thermoplastic, construction, chemistry