Deputy Technician Team Manager£19,050 to £21,100PermanentStratfordMy client work with leading global veterinary medicine and feed additive companies to help and support development of their products...
Technician Team Manager
£24,200 to £31,000
My client work with leading global veterinary medicine and feed additive companies to help and support development of their products by conducting efficacy and safety studies to GCPv and GLP standards. They have a passion for animal health and welfare, and a track record for developing and delivering the needs of their clients.
Purpose of Job
Be the key point of contact between the Study Managers and Science Team and the Technician Team. Plan and manage the day to day work of the Technician Team, delivering animal husbandry and study procedures within the livestock facility to the requirements of study protocols, GLP/GCPv guidelines and ASPA/Home Office Licences. The role is assisted by a Deputy Technician Team Manager. Carry out practical work as one of the Technician Team on occasions.
- Line management of the Technician Team and Deputy Technician Team Manager
- Mentoring staff to maintain technical standards of animal husbandry and study procedure
- Maintain a close working relationship with all managers to understand the delivery needs of studies
- Plan work rotas for effective and efficient staffing solutions
- Co-ordinate with the Compliance Manager to maintain compliance requirements on the unit, including security measures, staff training and competence records and assisting with equipment and feed management
- Manage, organise and mentor the Technician team to ensure that study requirements are fulfilled efficiently and on time, according to client expectation and recognised sta
- Be the knowledgeable point of contact for staff and external agencies on animal welfare / husbandry, controlled veterinary drugs, health and safety, risk assessments, COSHH, permits to work.
- Strong track record of team management and communication skills
- Working knowledge of biosecurity procedures
- Home Office Personal Licence holder or experience of working on Home Office regulated studies
- Following study procedures and accurate when keeping detailed written records
- Flexible, adaptable, able to work off-site, at weekends and unsociable hours if required
- Driving licence
- Strong husbandry skills with farm animals including cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, poultry and horses
- Physically capable of carrying out manual labour
- Able to operate farm machinery i.e. tractors, trailers, telescopic handlers, etc. in a safe manner
- Experience of working to Good Clinical Practice (veterinary) and Good Laboratory Practice