QC Technician required, based in South Yorkshire. Requiring a scientific mind-set with a good aptitude for mathematics and an eye for detail.
Laboratory Technician required, based in Nottinghamshire - North. Requiring knowledge of chemistry or polymers gained from education or industry. Lab experience advantageous.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: Nottinghamshire - North
Salary: £19,000 - £20,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a successful and well-known company who produce polymer materials for a huge range of industries and applications. With a busy manufacturing site and a new product due to launch next year, they are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to join the Technical team. The role will involve conducting chemical and physical testing on raw materials, intermediate polymers and finished products to ensure they meet required specifications and standards. This position could be well suited to someone with previous QC testing or lab experience or equally, would be a great start in the industry for a Chemistry or Polymer Science graduate.
Benefits: Brilliant role with immediate start, full training and potential to really take ownership of the testing lab and processes. Opportunity to progress into product development with time. 39 working hours, worked 8am - 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday with a 3.30pm finish on Fridays. 24 days holiday as standard plus 8 statutory days. Excellent pension scheme and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Conducting chemical and physical/mechanical testing of a range of raw materials and polymer precursors, as well as finished polymer products
- Testing includes; tensile strength, hardness, abrasion, compression, NCO content, water content, thermal analysis using DMTA
- Ensuring that samples meet required specifications and standards
- Documenting results and reporting deviations as necessary to senior staff
- Regularly calibrating equipment and maintaining calibration records
- Taking ownership of stock control and laboratory housekeeping
- Liaising with manufacturing to align priorities and communicate actions
- Immediate availability or short notice
- Good knowledge of Chemistry or Polymers gained from education or industry
- Laboratory experience including wet chemistry or physical testing techniques
- QC testing experience advantageous (but not essential)
- A Level qualification (or higher) in Chemistry or similar
- Ability to act and work autonomously, prioritise tasks accordingly and take ownership of decisions
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, lab technician, QC, quality control, wet chemistry, physical testing, mechanical testing, polymer, chemistry, prepolymers, tensile, hardness, abrasion, titration, compression