Analytical Development Scientist - formulation characterization
Braine l'Alleud (Belgium)
Synergy is currently recruiting an Analytical Development Scientist to be based at a leading global pharmaceutical company in Braine l'Alleud (Belgium).
Synergy provides on-site laboratory services for companies by embedding staff within the client's organization. You will be employed by Synergy but be based on a day-to-day basis at the client's facility.
* Developing methods and performing analyses on active ingredient, drug product and excipients to guide overall product development in order to obtain the right drug for every patient, from Clinically Relevant understanding to Clinically Relevant control.
* Performing chemical analyses as dosage (HPLC), content uniformity, water content (KF).
* Performing physical analyses such as dissolution behaviour, particle size, particle structure, microscopy, wettability, powder flow, bulk density, ...
* Bringing together all data to have a deep understanding of the formulation together with its impact on future process-ability and in vivo performance.
* Keeping track of literature and state of the art scientific practices, and implementing innovative solutions.
* Manage and coordinate all activities related to a specific project.
* Communicate results to stakeholders and actively participate to project meetings.
* Writing reports and give internal and external presentations.
Specific professional/technical expertise and key skills required:
* Master in chemistry, pharmaceutic, physics or engineering or equivalent experience, on formulation characterization.
* Minimum 5 years' experience in formulation characterization.
* Able to combine multiple tasks and work simultaneously on different projects.
* Able to independently manage scientific tasks in order to meet deadlines within given constraints in resources.
* Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with ability to balance multiple priorities.
* Able to activate all appropriate internal/external experts to solve issues.
* Team player, capacity to work in a matrix environment.
* Capacity for developing/managing/leading projects with outsourced resources.
If this role is of interest please apply online or for more information contact Lynda Dupont
DD: +44 1223607855 | M: +44 7795 159794 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
your application has been submitted