Scientist Molecular Biology / Microbial Molecular Biology£32,000 £37,000 + Excellent BenefitsBased in London Are you a Microbial Molecular Biologist with experience in cloning and secretion...
Job Title: Bioinformatician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 2 Years
Pay Rate: Up to £18.70 an hour (£35,000 p.a.), dependent on experience
SRG is working with a global leading agrochemical company with an extensive portfolio of crop protection products (fungicides, insecticides and herbicides). With emphasis on the importance of scientific integrity, this role is based at their research facility in Jealott's Hill.
They are currently seeking a Bioinformatician for an industrial postdoc position to drive the development of metabolomics post-processing work streams. The role lies within the Product Metabolism and Analytical Sciences section with a focus on metabolomics data.
The Bioinformatician will play a crucial role in the design, development and delivery of metabolomics experiments in support of a wide range of external and internal projects. They will be responsible for adding new capabilities to the existing data handling pipelines and assist the underpinning instrumental method development.
- Development and implementation of pipelines for biomarker detection, quantitation and effect read out
- Support the development of Quan/Qual assays for predictive toxicology
- Workflow processing
- Database generation for specific datasets
- Integration with other data types (omics, TK, phenotype, etc)
- PhD in a relevant Science subject such as Biochemistry or Bioinformatics
- Expertise in analysis of MS and MS/MS datasets
- Construction of bioinformatics pipelines for reproducible data analysis
- Database construction and management, some programming experience (e.g. R, SQL, c#)
- Knowledge of multivariate statistics
- Data visualisation and experience in presentation of data to a non-bioinformatician audience
Submit your CV to apply online today. For more information about the role and additional benefits (such as generous annual leave) call Tolu Kuforiji on 0161 868 2248.