Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring skills in colour chemistry and QC/application testing of colour products. Title: Laboratory TechnicianLocation: West Yorkshire Salary: £20,000...
Technical Commercial Assistant required, based in West Yorkshire. Non-lab based role, requiring a background in Chemistry or similar, ideally degree-level. Good mathematical and time management skills essential. Ideal for a Chemistry Graduate interested in the commercial operations.
Title: Technical Commercial Assistant
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 per annum
SRG is working with a leading manufacturer of specialist materials for chemical, processing and refining industries. Growing at an impressive rate, they are about to launch a brand new product into a fresh market and are now looking to hire a Technical Commercial Assistant. The role would suit a recent Chemistry graduate interested in a non-lab/commercial career in the chemical industry. It will involve using technical understanding to respond to enquiries from customers, provide quotations and process orders.
Benefits: Small, fast-growing company, working with chemical and petrochemical industries worldwide. Full training provided & excellent potential to progress into account management, sales or marketing. 40 working hours/week, 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start/finish times. Offering 24 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays and auto-enrolment pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Using chemistry background to understand customer requirements
- Requesting and collating information from customers in order to provide accurate quotations
- Placing and processing orders for products for worldwide customers
- Responding to customer enquiries about existing product portfolio and new products using technical knowledge and understanding
- Arranging deliveries and shipping of products worldwide
- Using a specialised IT system to input technical information, generate quotations and coordinate orders
- Liaising with the sales and marketing teams as needed
- Future potential to attend on-site meetings with overseas clients to develop key accounts & relationships.
- Higher Qualification (degree preferred) in a scientific discipline - Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Materials Science or similar
- Experience in customer service, sales or office-based work considered advantageous
- Strong numerical/mathematical skills
- Able to use IT systems confidently
- Self-motivation and ability to manage time and priorities effectively
This role would be an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to use their scientific/chemistry knowledge outside of the lab and develop a career in commercial operations.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: graduate, degree, BSc, chemistry, materials science, commercial, technical, non-lab, non-laboratory, office, customer relations, customer service, sales, marketing, database
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.