R&D Technician with genuine development opportunities based in LancashireTitle R&D Technician Location Greater Manchester Salary £18,000 £21,000SRG currently have an opportunity for an R&D Technician...
Laboratory Technician required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring skills in colour chemistry and QC/application testing of colour products.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000
SRG is working exclusively with a global company who specialise in the manufacture of colour products for speciality applications. Thanks to continued growth, they are now looking for a Laboratory Technician to support the Technical team in their updated QC and applications laboratory. The role will involve carrying out QC testing and colour matching product samples, as well as testing products in application for performance. This position would be an excellent opportunity for an individual with experience of working with/testing colour products in a laboratory environment.
Benefits: Genuinely exciting company, with first-rate technical facilities and training provided. Potential to progress into technical service over time. Free parking and good public transport links. Annual company bonus, pension scheme and on-site canteen facilities. Flexible working hours of 35 hours, worked between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Role / Description
- Making up colour samples for QC and application testing
- Carrying out quality control testing of colour products including solubility testing, stability testing and colour assessment by eye and instrumentation (spectrophotometer)
- Conducting technical application testing of colour products on various substrates for reliability, colour-fastness and stability
- Maintaining and updating relevant records
- Ensuring compliance with company Health & Safety, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures
- Proven experience working with colour products in a laboratory environment
- Ideal industries include inks, paints, pigments, paper, colour dispersions, dyes, coatings, colour additives
- Colour-matching experience, use of spectrophotometer preferred
- Ability to manage time and prioritise work as required
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communications skills
- Full clean driving licence would be preferable for potential travel, but is not essential
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: colour, colour chemistry, inks, paints, pigments, paper, colour dispersions, coatings, colour additives, dye, dyestuffs, laboratory, colour-matching, QC, testing, spectrophotometer