Development Chemist for Electrode Coatings required, based in North Cheshire. Must have significant industrial experience in the development of electrode technology, electrolysis, heterogenous catalysis...
Senior Development Chemist Based in Greater Manchester
Title: Senior Development Chemist Location: Greater Manchester Salary: £37,000 - £47,000
SRG is working with a world leading supplier of high-performance materials. They are in an exciting expansion phase and are extending their technical team to progress commercialisation of their product in composites, elastomers, fire retardancy and construction. The successful individual will lead the development of products and technologies to meet customer needs with a view to converting new technologies into commercial products.
Benefits: This is an exciting opportunity that will allow a talented and ambitious chemist to enter a rapidly growing field, which has the potential for exponential growth, at an early stage.
Role / Description
Initially based in Manchester you will also be expected to travel globally to support this growing business Development of new chemical products to meet the needs of the target market.Design of new chemistry solutions to optimise product performance.Application development and testing of new products often in collaboration with customers.Conversion of new chemistries developed by our university partners into commercial products.Collaboration with colleagues in operations to understand and optimise manufacturing processes.
- BSc in Chemistry or Materials Science. (Higher qualifications would be advantageous i.e. MSc, MChem or PhD)
- Proven industrial experience in chemicals or formulated products (elastomers, composites, plastics, coatings).
- In-depth knowledge of cure chemistries in thermoset elastomers and resins.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Previous experience in developing new products & processes
- Excellent communication skills - concise communication of technical concepts and ideas.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Nathan at Nathan.Fairhurst@srg.co.uk. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Nathan on 0161 868 2227.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Materials, NPD, Chemistry, Development Chemist, Formulation, Polymer, Composite