Biochemistry LC & LC/MS Principal Scientist GlasgowDo you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well independently and as a team player in...
Scientist / Study Director / Study Manager (PhysChem / Biochemistry) - Glasgow - Permanent
Would you rather take responsibility instead of waiting to respond to demands?
Do you appreciate strong roots and values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius.
As one of the world's leading laboratory and pharmaceutical equipment providers, Sartorius is actively shaping dynamic, innovative and high-growth markets.
Founded in 1870, the company earned sales revenue of more than 1.3 billion euros in 2016 according to its preliminary figures. More than 6,900 people work at the Group's approximately 50 manufacturing and sales sites, serving customers around the globe.
The PhysChem team is an integral part of the larger BioAnalytical department and performs a range of client studies using state-of-the-art LC, LC/MS instrumentation and other analytical techniques.On behalf of our client SRG are looking for a Scientist to be involved in delivering results to Clients. Previous experience in liquid chromatography, mass spectrometry or related analytical techniques is essential. This role will be involved in managing the day to day activities of the team as well as having responsibility for team goals.
Working with a variety of samples and assay subtypes, the team provide expert technical support to clients on these projects. They must have demonstrable experience in forming relationships with internal and external clients. Additionally, they will demonstrate excellent organisational and leadership skills required to ensure the smooth running of the department. Some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a successful CRO.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Assist the Senior Scientist in all aspects of managing and running the PhysChem team
- Working as an integral part of the PhysChem team within Operations to perform assays to characterise the structure of monoclonal antibody (and monoclonal antibody-like) drug molecules using LC, LC/MS and other analytical techniques.
- Upholding the highest levels of scientific integrity and technical accuracy from the inception of new methods through to successful project completion.
- Responding well to scientific challenge and applying significant rigor to your own work.
- Liaising with the Technical Development team to ensure the smooth and efficient transfer of developed assays and associated study management tools to the Biochemistry group.
- Develop key relationships with internal and external clients
- Ensuring compliance and regulatory status of projects
- Trouble shooting projects within the larger BioAnalytical department
- Challenging and improving our existing systems & processes
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the company:
- Experience in working with Mab and Mab-based technologies
- An appropriate level of technical insight, experience and credibility to represent Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource in a Scientist role externally, and to drive projects internally to deliver their agreed objectives
- Knowledge of client expectations, requirements and needs.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to deliver high quality study management, with a sense of urgency and ability to drive projects to completion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and regularly across departments and regions, internally and externally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, mangers and clients.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor's/Masters/PhD in a relevant field, and previous industry experience in an operation role; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Substantial experience in performance and trouble-shooting of analytical chemistry assays related to the structure and function of monoclonal antibodies or similar molecules.
- A thorough understanding of applicable EU and US regulations, and GxP working practises.
- Experience in managing multiple client studies.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.
Key Words: LC, HPLC, liquid chromatography, LC-MS, mass spectrometry, Scientist, biochemistry, chemistry, chemist, biochemist, Study Director, Study Management, PhysChem, CE, capillary electrophoresis