Scientist or Senior Scientists (Lentiviral Design and Production) required for innovative pharmaceutical company in GlasgowTitle Product Development Scientist / Senior Scientist (Lentiviral Design and Production)Location...
Biochemistry - LC & LC/MS Principal Scientist - Glasgow
Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well independently and as a team player in a fast paced environment?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a rapidly growing company by working effectively to deliver targets while upholding standards.
An opportunity has arisen for an LC & LC/MS Principal Scientist to lead the Physicochemistry team within the Technical Development group. The Technical Development group identifies and develops new methods for transfer to the operations team who use them to analyse clients' samples. In addition, the TD group also provides support to the client-facing organisation and therefore this is an exciting, multi-faceted role.
A range of state-of-the-art LC, LC/MS, and CE instrumentation is currently used in-house, and other analytical techniques will be added over time. Previous experience in mass spectrometry is essential. Some out of hours and weekend work will be required. In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
What you can look forward to:
- Directing the scientific strategy to develop new innovative approaches and enabling technologies within major therapeutic areas.
- Leading the Biochemistry team to develop novel assays that characterise the structure of monoclonal antibody (and monoclonal antibody-like) drug molecules using LC, LC/MS, CE and other analytical techniques, and providing interpretation of the data.
- Using your passion for protein characterisation to develop innovative methods and train others in their use in order to fully understand the structure and function of our clients' samples.
- Developing collaborative relationships with our clients and the wider scientific community to identify market trends and provide solutions for the next generation of analytical protein characterisation methods.
- Actively participate in internal and external scientific conferences, cementing your role as a thought leader in this field.
- Acting as the primary subject matter expert to support the work of the wider Sartorius organisation to support the long term growth aims of the company.
- Working with together with Product Management teams to identify scientific topics of strategic importance and develop a practical plan for implementation.
- Responding well to scientific challenge and applying significant rigor to your own work.
- Upholding the highest levels of scientific integrity and technical accuracy from the inception of new methods through to successful project completion.
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the company:
- A PhD in a relevant scientific discipline or comparable experience post-undergraduate degree in a similar client-focussed environment.
- Expert knowledge in the development and application of MS-based methods.
- Substantial experience in performance and trouble-shooting of analytical chemistry assays related to the structure and function of monoclonal antibodies or similar molecules.
- An understanding of applicable EU and US regulations, and GxP working practises.
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with the ability to communicate authoritatively at all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, assess and minimise their potential risks and an aptitude for prioritisation.
- An appropriate level of technical insight, experience and credibility to represent Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource in the Principal Scientist role externally, and to drive projects internally to deliver their agreed objectives.
- Proven ability to solve problems quickly and effectively while working in a technically complex area.
- Positive attitude to scientific challenges and application of significant rigor to your own work
- Outstanding organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Extremely competent in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) in addition to data analysis or statistical software packages
Please apply online or contact Pamela to discuss this exciting opportunity.