Team Leader Discovery Biology* Location: Cambridge* Skills: Phage Display, Molecular Biology, Sequence Analysis, Assays, Biologist* Salary: DOE* Type: permanentMy client is a Drug Discovery company...
Senior Scientist in Phage Display -J32507
* Key Skills: Phage Display, Phage Selection, Ribosome Display, Yeast Display, SPR, BPI, Affimer, ELISA, Cell-based Assay, DNA Display Libraries, Protein-Protein Interactions, HTRF, DNA Manipulation, Recombinant Protein Technology
My client is a company that aims to develop a pipeline of novel cancer therapies based on small molecules engineered to be easily modified and offer treatment where other current drugs fail.
To join their discovery team to support their research projects you will work collaboratively and contribute to the discoveries.
* Design and perform target antigen project
* Design and generate DNA display libraries
* Perform manual or automated phage display panning against protein targets
* Analyse phage derived Affimer candidates via SPR/BLI (Biacore or Octet), ELISA and cell-based assays
* Prepare reports on projects for internal and external collaborators
* MSc or PhD or equivalent in biochemistry/molecular biology with laboratory experience
* Knowledge of in vitro display such as phage display, ribosome display, yeast display (E)
* Molecular biology techniques and cloning protocol (E)
* Experience of protein-protein interaction such as ELISA, HTRF, SPR, BLI or cell-based assays (E)
* Working in an industry on drug discovery (D)
* E.coli cloning and protein expression system (D)
The company is based south of Cambridge minutes from a train station and has modern laboratories. They offer attractive benefit package including pension and option to Share Incentive Plan.
If this role is of interest you are encouraged to apply and for more information contact Lynda Dupont on 01223 607 855.