Biochemistry LC & LC/MS Principal Scientist GlasgowDo you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well independently and as a team player in...
Head of Department (BioAssay & ELISA) - Glasgow - Permanent
Do you have experience within the biopharmaceutical industry? Can you perform well in a fast paced environment?
Can you work well in a team and also independently on your own initiative?
Do you appreciate strong Company values? Then you will fit in well with our client - Sartorius Stedim BioOutsource Ltd.
On behalf of our client, SRG are looking for outstanding individuals who want to make an impact in a rapidly growing department and can work effectively to deliver targets, manage by example and drive standards.
The BioAssay/ELISA Team is an integral part of the larger BioAnalytical department. The department is supported by dedicated Tissue Culture and Operations Support teams.
Our client are looking for an experienced Head of Department/Manager to lead a team of scientists and analysts assist clients in cell based assay and ELISA testing.
This role will involve managing the day to day activities of their team as well as having overall responsibility for team objectives. Working with a variety of samples and assay subtypes, the team provide expert technical support to clients on these projects.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate technical excellence in the field of cell based assays and/or ELISAs or an immunology background. They must have demonstrable experience in forming relationships with internal and external clients. Additionally, they will demonstrate excellent organisational and leadership skills required to ensure the smooth running of the department. Some out of hours and weekend work may be required.
In return our client can offer you a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, full on the job training, and significant opportunity for personal growth and development within a rapidly expanding, successful CRO.
What you can look forward to:
- Being accountable for all aspects of managing and running the BioAssay/ELISA team, including personnel, budgets, revenue and quality
- Providing support to product management, Business Development & Client Management to scope our new projects.
- Develop key relationships with internal and external clients
- Responsible for costing projects
- Ensuring compliance and regulatory status of projects
- Trouble shooting projects within the larger BioAnalytical department
- Study management of select projects (as and when req)
- Challenging and improving our existing systems & processes
Skills and experience that you need to bring to the Company:
- Bachelor's/Masters/PhD in a relevant field, and industry experience in an operation role; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proven track record of overseeing complex projects (development through to validation).
- Experience in people management and delivering departmental responsibilities
- Knowledge of operations management for a team of >15Experience of custom work
- Outstanding leadership skills and a proven track record in developing a team.
- Regulatory experience (GxP)
- Experience in the analysis and interpretation of bioassay and/or ELISA data
- Knowledge of client expectations, requirements and needs.
- Excellent organisational, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and regularly across departments and regions, internally and externally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, mangers and clients.
Please apply online or contact Pamela for further information.