Scientist or Senior Scientists (Lentiviral Design and Production) required for innovative pharmaceutical company in GlasgowTitle Product Development Scientist / Senior Scientist (Lentiviral Design and Production)Location...
Production Scientist in Viral Vectors required for exciting new position with innovative manufacturer in Glasgow
Title - Production Technician / Scientist - Viral Vectors
Location - Glasgow
Salary - Competitive
SRG is working with an innovative and fast growing life science company - as a result of their continued success and expansion they are looking to hire an experienced Production Scientist to work within their GMP facility. Working as part of a small team you will be responsible for the GMP manufacture of viral vectors for ongoing projects. The role would be suited to someone with experience in mammalian cell culture and viral/protein production and purification within a GMP environment. Perhaps you are ready for the next step in your career or maybe you are looking to move into a new innovative environment, either way we would like to hear from you.
My client offers a competitive salary as well as the potential for development and skills enhancement.
- Production of clinical grade viral vectors.
- Transduction of cells for the production of cellular therapeutics.
- Assist in the smooth technical transfer of new processes from Product Development into GMP Manufacture
- Analyse all production methods, techniques, processes and equipment and implement improvements or changes in order to maintain the highest levels of performance within the department.
- Assist in the preparation and review of GMP compliant documentation
- The successful candidate will have a degree in a relevant life science subject along with previous experience in a GMP environment
- You will have experience in mammalian cell culture and/or viral production as well as being skills in purification / filtration methods
- You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as having high attention to detail and strong organisational skills
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any others, please contact Pamela.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srg.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: GMP, production, manufacturing, mammalian cell culture, tissue culture, cleanroom, viral vector, protein, purification, production