Mechanical Engineer - Medical Devices/Biotechnology - Cambridge
SRG are currently in partnership with a leading manufacturer of Biotechnology equipment with a wide range of applications including healthcare. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to fulfil a role within their company on a full-time and permanent basis.
Your key responsibilities will include: Helping to define product requirements, through close contact and collaboration with our customers, and for the early prototyping work necessary for de-risking the technology. As the design progresses you will be expected to develop working prototypes for placements with customers and gather user feedback for iterating the design, along with input from in-house manufacturing engineers. Once the product is developed, tested and proven you will be responsible for ensuring that the design data and know-how is transferred through to the manufacturing and service teams to enable serial production and product support. Throughout, you will be working as a member of a multidisciplinary team, with increasing technical responsibility.
About you: The essentials:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in Mechanical Engineering from a leading university, with a thorough understanding of materials, mathematics, mechanics, structures and fluid mechanics
- At least 3 years of experience in a product development or R&D environment
- A passion and talent for engineering and strong, demonstrable technical problem-solving skills
- A good understanding of the product development process and experience of working in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Experience of using SolidWorks CAD - 3 years minimum
- Strong technical expertise, together with hands-on experience in the development of complex technical solutions for new products and processes
In addition, experience with the following would be beneficial:
- Fast prototyping of ideas and concepts
- Project management
- Materials science
- Experience of designing parts for plastic injection moulding with experience in the medical sector being of particular benefit
your application has been submitted