An opportunity for an experienced scientist to join a world-leading independent developer and manufacturer of innovative tissue-healing technology.
Job Title: R&D Microbiology Scientist
Duration: 12 Month FTC (Maternity cover)
Salary: Highly Competitive
SRG are working with a world-leading independent developer and manufacturer of innovative tissue-healing technology.
This role will support R&D projects throughout their lifecycle, by performing a range of microbiological assays and cell biology based tests required for the research and development of innovative new medical devices and NPDs.
- To support R&D projects throughout the lifecycle of the project, by performing a wide range of cell biology assays and / or microbiological tests i.e. mammalian cell viability assays, cell imaging / fluorescence, ELISA, antimicrobial efficacy (log reduction) , antibiofilm evaluation, bacterial / viral barrier testing.
- To assist in the development, optimisation and validation of new and novel test methods for the evaluation and verification of R&D projects.
- Ensure the R&D Scientific Services Laboratories are maintained in a compliant state by ensuring that materials, chemicals, reagents and equipment required for R&D testing are always in stock and calibrated/validated, media is prepared to meet laboratory demands and all procedures, COSHH, risk assessments are current.
- Ensure compliance with all current cell biology / microbiology practices and maintain all test methods to relevant standards.
- Authorship/approval of scientific and technical protocols / reports, publications, posters, making appropriate conclusions, recommendations and presentations as required.
- Support regulatory submissions (documentation, testing, etc).
- Adopt high standards of GLP and H&S in laboratories
- Ideal candidate to hold a BSC in a Biological Sciences discipline or relevant subject.
- Experience of a wide range of in-vitro cellular assays and/or microbiological assays i.e antimicrobial/antibiofilm.
- Previous relevant experience in medical devices desirable.
Interested? Or know someone who will be?
SRG are the UK's number 1 recruitment company specialising in the science, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, renewable, biotech, chemicals, and medical devices sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you are interested in this or any other scientific opportunities, please get in touch with Selby De Klerk on 0161 868 2236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted