Laboratory Analyst required, based in East Yorkshire initially on a 6-month contract. Requiring industrial experience of wet chemistry analysis, with experience of method development being desirable but not essential.
Title: Laboratory Analyst
Location: East Yorkshire
Term: Temporary (Initial 6-month contract)
Salary: £23,000-£28,000 per annum (pro-rata and dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a well-established company that supply ingredients and raw materials to the pet food manufacturing industry. As a result of an increased workload, they are now looking to add a Laboratory Analyst to their team in East Yorkshire, initially on temporary 6-month contact which could turn permanent at a later date. The role would be ideal for someone with proven, strong wet chemistry analysis skills. Candidates with proven industrial experience of method development are encouraged to apply.
Benefits: A successful and well-established company currently going through a period of growth, offering an opportunity with full training provided. 20 days' holiday allowance, plus bank holidays and company pension scheme. 40 working hours per week, Monday - Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm.
Role / Description
- Preparing samples of raw materials and finished products using a range of wet chemistry techniques dependent on method requirement
- Conducting analysis of samples as and when required using mainly wet chemistry (moisture, protein, oil A, Ash, PV, FFA)
- Operating and maintaining standard laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Organising and planning daily workload and liaising with the team to meet turn-around times
- Maintaining and developing quality of analysis within UKAS standards and guidelines
- Strong wet chemistry analytical skills
- Any qualification in Chemistry including BSc/HNC/HND
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, able to take initiative and ownership of tasks
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, testing, UKAS, accreditation, analysis, analyst, chemistry, chemist, analytical, pet food, wet chemistry, titrations, assay, GC, wet chemistry, raw materials, finished products, laboratory, lab tech, laboratory technician, graduate, chemistry, samples
your application has been submitted