Industrial Chemist required on a permanent basis in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry and experience of supporting production/manufacturing in a Research and Development (R&D) environment.
Title: Industrial Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a well-established company producing a wide variety of polymer-based products for a range of industrial applications. As their success continues and the company continues to grow, they are looking to hire an Industrial Chemist to support both their technical team and manufacturing processes. This is an important role that will form a bridge between two teams that are key to the business, involving troubleshooting issues and supporting modifications as and when needed.
Benefits: An excellent opportunity to join a well-established company with a fast-paced, people focused working environment. 40 working hours a week, 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday - Friday. 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and pension scheme.
Role / Description
- Training and supervision of existing Laboratory development technician.
- Identify and develop methods to evaluate technical performance using statistical analysis.
- Carry out troubleshooting, analytical testing or evaluation.
- Supporting in the QC of incoming raw materials as and when needed
- Investigating and troubleshooting issues which arise with manufacturing, application or curing processes.
- Fault finding and investigating root cause.
- Developing and improving methods and processes across both manufacturing and Research and Development.
- Working close with Technical Manager to support in customer complaints and queries.
- Troubleshooting issues throughout R&D and manufacturing processes, including from raw materials to finished products.
- A degree or similar qualification in Chemistry or a related field
- Proven industrial supervision/management of a Research and Development (R&D) or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge and/or experience of working with polymers/adhesives/coatings considered desirable but not essential
- Well organised with good time management skills
- Motivated and ambitious
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: chemistry, chemist, development, laboratory, polymer, adhesive, coating, manufacturing, process development, process improvement, process optimisation, fault finding, root cause, continuous improvement, six sigma, raw materials, finished products, operation improvement, research and development, R&D, method development, method improvement, troubleshooting issues.
your application has been submitted