SRG are looking for a highly motivated researcher to assist in the delivery of clinical projects as a Research Assistant.
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a world leader in clinical development services, providing highly specialised virology and immunology lab services for both pharmaceutical and biotech companies. The company conducts human challenge studies helping accelerate drug and vaccine development in respiratory and infectious disease.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Research Scientists to delivery clinical study data in a compliant and client-ready manor. In order to support this, the role involves working to a flexible shift pattern including working evenings and weekend as required to deliver the operational plan.
- Performing sample processing and analysis in accordance with project and quality documentation.
- Perform lab maintenance tasks and cleaning.
- Assist in maintaining sample integrity by following sample storage procedures.
- Maintain compliance with Good Clinical Practice, all relevant SOPs, to company standards and guidelines.
- Work as a member of a team.
- Responsible for organising own time and resources to work efficiently, with some guidance.
- Proactively review the schedule and ensure that all assigned tasks are completed, flagging any issues to the Laboratory Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the delivery of GCP-compliant study data for the samples being processed or assayed.
- Undertake tasks determined by Line Manager outside of assigned area.
- Assist with storage and tracking of samples, develop an understanding of HTA legislation.
- Assist with production of sample kits and sample label production.
- Perform study administration tasks, for example lab book and label production, document scanning, filing or archiving.
- Perform any other reasonable requested tasks to assist in the operational delivery of the labs.
- Support senior members of staff in the planning and delivery of clinical studies.
- Assist in maintaining sample integrity by actively monitoring the Temperature Monitoring system across the relevant sample storage equipment and facilities.
- 1st Degree in relevant scientific subject or equivalent.
- Ability to perform commonly used scientific techniques.
- Demonstrable knowledge of performing scientific experiments to GCP consistently.
- Ability to work as part of a team and effective communication skills.
- Master's degree in relevant scientific subject.
- Prior experience in working to GCP standards within a laboratory environment.
If this role is of interest, please apply online today, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)161 868 2254 to discuss in more detail.
your application has been submitted