Process Technologist required on a permanent basis, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring a degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or a related subject. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
Title: Process Technologist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £20,000-£25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a market leading manufacturer of a range of polymer-based products. They are now seeking to hire a Process Technologist to join their team based in Greater Manchester to provide technical support to the manufacturing process, whilst supporting with projects aimed to improve products and production processes. Recent graduates in either Chemistry or Materials Science are encouraged to apply. Alternatively, this role would suit candidates that have proven industrial experience of manufacturing environments.
Benefits: You will join a well-established and successful family-owned business, as part of a talented technical team. Pension scheme and free on-site parking.
Working Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:00pm (with flexibility).
- Providing technical support to production plants.
- Checking for any deviations or anomalies and correcting where necessary.
- Trial new and alternative raw materials.
- Re-formulating existing products to optimise yields & reduce waste.
- Driving new products through the launch processes, assisting with factory trials.
- Maintain and develop existing processes documentation.
- Create and maintain operating procedures and process specifications.
- Degree in Chemistry/Materials Science (or similar)
- Proven industrial experience of working within a manufacturing environment (working with polymers or colour work would be considered desirable but not essential)
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Goal driven and self-motivated
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemist, plant chemist, process technologist, process optimisation, technical support, polymer, colour matching, materials science, chemistry, graduate, process documentation, process specifications
your application has been submitted