Job title: Biology Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Salary: £12.60 per hour (circa £23,500)
Contract length: 1 year
Based within our Discovery Screening Platform, the Biology Technician will be responsible for running multiple biochemical and biological assays, working with plants, fungi, insects and cell cultures. Taking pride in delivering quality data that will be used to support the selection of chemical hits for promotion to the next stage of the invention pipeline.
Working within a team, you will be responsible for several assays, maintaining any stock and equipment items required to perform your role.
- Executing and monitoring multiple routine biochemical and whole organism assays, delivering high quality data to be used to support the selection of chemical hits for promotion to the next stage of the invention pipeline.
- Spot and report problems with your assigned assays to the relevant expert.
- Work with experts to organise and perform any trouble-shooting experiments/tests communicating findings and changes.
- Perform development tests for existing and or new methods as required by the business.
- Ensure all testing is performed following local safety rules and guidelines
- Maintenance of any stock and equipment items required to perform your assays, plan and execute the assay following the SOP and delivering data to agreed timelines.
- Monitor the performance and quality of your assigned assay and report your findings to the relevant experts.
- Organise and perform any trouble-shooting experiment/test, ensuring collaboration and communication with relevant experts in the team.
- Communicate any issues or new processes to rest of team.
- Where required, carry out performance testing of new methods, and join discussions around data analysis methods and conclusions.
Experience and skills:
- Formal training and/or qualification; Biology and lab experience preferable.
- Good organisation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills: oral and written
- Good scientific background and a willingness to broaden/deepen knowledge around assigned assays
- This position requires some experience of working in a lab in a relevant professional or academic environment
If you have any questions, please email Rabia on firstname.lastname@example.org.
your application has been submitted