Title: Graduate Chemist
Salary: £20,000- £25,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a leading manufacturer and developer of electrochemical materials. They are currently looking for a graduate chemist to join their laboratory team on a permanent basis, at their site in Cornwall. This role will predominantly involve supporting customer programs by preparing samples including coatings, catalyst and electrolysis materials for use in decarbonising the environment. This is a great opportunity for a recent chemistry graduate.
Primary responsibilities of the Graduate Chemist include:
- Operating in a safe and professional manner at all times.
- Writing risk assessments and COSHH assessments for all work undertaken.
- Developing an in-depth appreciation of the manufacturing methods and properties of current competitive materials.
- Experimentation over short and medium-term timescales, materials characterisation and testing and leading critical interpretation / assessment of results.
- Formulating or synthesising ideas and concepts through constructive, challenging engagement with colleagues in response to market needs or opportunities.
- Supporting the migration of products from into production. · Operating to high standards of technical and operational excellence. ·
- Ensure and maintain a clean and tidy laboratory and ensuring that quality standards are met.
- Record keeping and report writing.
- Report to and manage stakeholders, presenting results to senior/other research staff.
Education / Experience required for the job:
- Degree in Chemistry
- Industry experience is advantageous
- Attention to detail
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Alex on 0121 726 8333.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
Keywords: Electrochemistry, decarbonising, emissions, sample preparation, catalyst, coatings, green chemistry, environmental, COSHH, formulation, development, customer programs, validation, characterisation.
your application has been submitted