Analytical Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Degree in Chemistry, Forensic Science, or equivalent experience needed. Must have experience of using GC or GC-MS for analysis.
Salary: £27,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a family-run business in West Yorkshire founded over 20 years ago with a goal to develop consumer products with effective, naturally-sourced active ingredients. They have grown significantly in recent years and, with a brand new laboratory, they are now looking to grow their technical team with a new Analytical Chemist. This role will involve analysing raw materials and finished product samples using GC and GC-MS, alongside using standard wet chemistry skills and sample preparation methods. As well as routine analysis and quality control, there will frequent opportunities to be involve and lead project work and analytical investigations. This would be a brilliant opportunity for an experienced Analytical Chemist to join a small team, with great potential to take on a lead analytical role in the business.
Benefits: A fantastic opportunity to join the technical function in a forward-thinking company who make a real difference with their products and active ingredients. 35 working hours per week, 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday (some flex on start/finish times). 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, increasing with length of service. Pension auto enrolment & private healthcare after probation.
Role / Description
- Conducting analysis on raw materials and final product samples using GC-FID and/or GC-MS
- Supporting the team with investigational analysis of samples from customers, competitors and benchmarked products
- Calibrating, maintaining and troubleshooting lab equipment, as needed
- Occasional development and validation of gas chromatography analytical methods
- Interpreting chromatograms, recording and communicating analytical results appropriately, preparing reports for R&D and other business functions
- Managing the stock inventory of laboratory consumables
- Liaising with suppliers and production as needed with regards to samples which do not meet specifications
- Degree in Chemistry, Forensic Science or similar discipline (Equivalent experience will be considered in place of a degree)
- Lab-based experience of analysis using either GC-FID or GC-MS
- Graduates with particularly relevant final year projects involving GC analysis or analysis of natural products will be considered without industrial experience
- Flexible, pro-active attitude, with good team-working and collaboration skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Faye Allison at email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: analysis, gas chromatography, GC, GC-FID, GCMS, GC-MS, degree, chemistry, chemist, analyst, analytical, analyse, testing, laboratory, chemicals, QC, quality control
your application has been submitted