I am working with a great business in the Cheshire area who are looking to recruit a Process Safety Engineer for the large Chemicals site.
Process Safety Engineer
£60,000 (Flexible days and great benefits)
The Process Safety Engineer will report to the site manager.
The role includes.
Actively supports the promotion of, and engage in, Process and workplace SHE, especially the major accident hazards (COMAH) and Basis of Safety areas
- Responsible for the development, evaluation and management of Plant Basis of Safety Studies, documentation, and action implementation which Includes arranging and leading HAZOP studies, taking part in Process SHE reviews) and organising SHE Management Systems
- Responsible for supporting and delivering process improvement opportunities through plant modifications esp. (but not exclusively) those relating to Process SHE initiatives
- Responsible for supporting and delivering progress with the Human Factors Programme including leading HFRAs, progress of action improvements etc.
- Responsible for upkeep of key process safety systems including change management, written instructions, and critical checklists
Support to Site Process Engineering & Projects Manager and Site Process Engineers for continuous improvement in process engineering issues
- Chemical Engineering degree (2:1 preferred)
- Graduate experience in industr
- Basic awareness of all relevant engineering and safety legislation inc. COMAH, DSEAR, PSSR, LOLER, PUWER and appropriate recognised guidance
- Practical, can-do approach coupled with strong technical knowledg
- High Hazard awareness and experience in Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- Hands on approach - capable of delivering work themselves as well as through others
- Experience of HAZOP process.
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Paul on 07487817573. If you have a engineering background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: process safety engineering, safety management, chemical engineering, chemical, engineering, process safety management, PPM, capex,
your application has been submitted