Flexible Hourly rate - OUTSIDE IR35
12-month contract - Remote
Are you a senior statistician with working experience in Oncology?
Would you like to take on an exciting role at a global pharmaceutical company?
We are looking for a Senior Statistician to take on a 12-month contract at a global pharmaceutical company. You will provide statistical expertise in the design of Statistical Analysis Plans for complex studies. the evaluation and interpretation of experimental results in research projects and clinical trials with a focus on Oncology. You will be an organised individual who is confident managing their own work to schedule and applying a range of statistical methods independently, referring to more experienced statisticians when necessary. You will be able to solve a variety of complex problems, both within your own area and through participation in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide statistical expertise for complex design and interpretation for preclinical or clinical programmes, high level internal governance committees, regulatory submissions and/or commercialisation.
- Analyse internal and external information, perform modelling and simulation to inform design decisions and the development of decision criteria.
- Develop a Statistical Analysis plan for complex studies and/or project deliveries.
- Act as a coach/guide for less experienced statisticians in the production of analysis, supporting graphics and analysis tables for study reports, Global Medical Affairs studies or publications.
- Able to analyse, interpret, summarise and communicate results of complex studies.
- Contribute to the regulatory submissions including specification of overview documents and response to regulatory questions.
- Identify opportunities for the application of modelling and simulation to improve study design.
- Identify opportunities to improve the methodology and provide practical solutions for problems.
- Identify and apply statistical methodology to improve the process and delivery activities.
- Contribute to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Accountable for the quality of their statistical work; provide discipline-specific understanding, insight and constructive challenge and take ownership of development needs, seek coaching or training opportunities.
- 5+ years experience as statistician in a clinical setting.
- Previous oncology experience essential - Late stage experience would be highly desirable.
- MSc or above in Math/Stats.
- Previous experience at working at a Global Product (GPS) level.
- Demonstrable experience with study design and oversight (inc. SAPs).
- Experience overseeing junior statisticians.
your application has been submitted