Senior Development Scientist (Formulation)
- Job Title: Senior Development Scientist (Formulation Focus)
- Contract: Permanent
- Salary: 45-50k
- Location: UK - Surrey - Weybridge
SRG are currently working with a world-leading consumer health company based in Weybridge.
This company aims to improve everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating their global portfolio of category-leading brands. They are currently seeking a Senior Development Scientist to join their team.
Within this role you will support new product development with formulation and/or analytical experience to develop and lead new product initiatives in Consumer Healthcare, working from front end innovation through to product launch.
- Lead, or support the development of new products, following requirements outlined in business strategies, considering scientific and consumer data. Whilst meeting timing objectives
- Leading one or more projects, or initiatives in support of departmental or project plans
- Independently designing experiments and carrying out scientific work to deliver overall project objectives
- Working with others, such as assisting Development Scientists, or collaborating with external partners and participating in cross functional teams to define and implement innovative solutions.
- Creating, reviewing, and approving key documentation, such as accurate experimental recording, commercial production documents, contributing to regulatory submissions, project reports, scientific/ consumer claims, or writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries
- Setting and refining priorities, assessing, and communicating risks, as necessary to remain focused on objectives, quality requirements and project milestones under rapidly changing circumstances
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Nutrition, or related discipline
- Previous experience in the formulation and characterization of both conventional and novel solid, semi-solid and/or other dosage forms ideally within the food, cosmetic or other FMCG industry)
- Proven experience of using experimental design, measurement, and interpretation in the development of new consumer products
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability using innovative thought and good scientific judgment
- Demonstrated ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for engaging with stakeholders in all organizational levels
- Masters or PhD in Chemistry, Pharmacy, Nutrition or related science; or relevant practical work experience
- Experience as technical lead on multiple projects, managing risk and stakeholder communications.
- Demonstrate ability to develop products with consumer in mind
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and product development process
- Previous Experience in Quality by Design & risk assessments, IC, HPLC and GC
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the link provided or email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call 020 3920 9513.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search