Technical Service Manager needed in West Yorkshire with experience in mechanical lubrication/ greases application in industry and delivering training plans, technical consultancy, and supervisory duties
Technical Service Manager
£38,000 - £42,000
SRG are working with a highly successful and growing company that are part of very large wider global corporation, that have a presence in over 50 countries across the world. They specialise in the manufacture and distribution of adhesives, additives and lubricants for use in various applications ranging from automotive, construction, polymers and other speciality products. They need a Technical Service Manager to join their team in West Yorkshire to manage the link between the technical team and the commercial team. They will need to create detailed training plans for staff, the commercial team, distributors, clients, etc in the use of company products; provide helpdesk technical support, as well as evaluate trends; and perform line manager duties for the technical service engineering team. You must have experience in the following: the use of lubricants in industry; front-line customer service; mapped and drawn up training plans; and managerial/ supervisory duties. Engineers are encouraged to apply.
35 hours per week - Monday to Friday, with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday and plus bank holidays, company pension, on-site gym, Simply Health, Sports & Social Club, free onsite parking, Employee Assistance Program - 365/24-7, eye test vouchers - Specsavers, holiday purchase/selling scheme up to 5 days per year
- Drawing up detailed training plans (e.g. what, how, when, for how long, who) for the commercial team, colleagues, distributors, and customers on the affective use of current products - in-house, virtual, and occasionally at customer sites
- Running of the technical helpdesk - having excellent up to date knowledge and understanding of current products and their applications
- Writing up and reporting of monthly reports of the type of enquiries, how long taken to address them, any issues encountered, etc
- Performing line managerial duties and providing supervisory support to the technical service engineering team, such as managing annual leave, absences, etc
- General office management and administerial duties
- Degree in chemistry/ chemical engineering or similar as a minimum is essential
- Experience in the practical application of lubricants in industry ideal
- Experience in the mapping of and drawing up of training plans is essential
- Experience in positions of management/ leadership/ supervisory is essential
- Experience in delivering excellent customer service and technical support, building business relationships, with commercial awareness to identify technical opportunities
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Experience having worked with suppliers and distributors
- Awareness of REACH, ISO 9001
- Ability to work meticulously and methodically
- Willingness to learn, to motivate others, to engage and work as part of a team
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, technical sales, technical consultancy, technical service, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, customer service, solids emulsions, tribology, colloidal emulsions, colloids, emulsions science, emulsifiers, surfactants, grease, lubricant oil, friction reduction, coatings, data analysis, chemicals, REACH, ISO, project management, supplier liaising, additives, lubricants, adhesives, building materials, automotive, graphite, boron nitride, molybdenum disulphide, tungsten disulfide,
your application has been submitted