Duration - 5 months (end of 2022 - permanent role available)
Location - Remote
Salary - Flexible rate depending on experience.
Are you looking to join a small, driven, and growing team where you can leverage your biostatistical experience and have a significant impact on ongoing clinical trials and studies? Then this is the position for you. On assigned projects you will be the lead biostatistician and be responsible for all related deliverables.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Represent the biostatistics / data science function and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the design, analysis, interpretation and publication of clinical studies and trials.
- As the biostatistical lead within a study/trials team, you will direct the biostatistical activities on a study and be accountable for the relevant deliverables.
- Develop statistical methods sections of study protocols and statistical analysis plans.
- The biostatistician will perform sample size and power calculations, execute interim and final statistical analyses, communicate the findings to the stakeholders, and prepare written reports.
- Stay current with the latest methodological advances in real world studies.
- Leverage partners where necessary to accomplish projects where the internal team capacity may not be adequate.
- Participate in assigned new product development projects where we need to leverage machine learning and data science to improve clinical care for our patients and clinicians.
- Comply with all applicable regulations and company procedures
Position may involve travel up to 10% of the time, mostly within UK but overseas travel is expected. Most trips will include overnight travel.
- Ph.D. or Masters Degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, or Epidemiology with a minimum of 2+ years (Ph.D.) / 4+ years (MS/MA) relevant experience working with clinical, or epidemiologic studies.
- Thorough understanding of clinical trial methodology and statistical methods including methods for time to event analysis.
- Computational skills using Python, R or SAS, especially relevant statistical tools and packages.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in meeting FDA regulatory guidelines.
- Hands-on experience in helping to prepare regulatory submissions to the FDA.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques and the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches, especially with respect to predictive and prognostic algorithms in medical research.
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Collaborative mindset, an eagerness to learn and a high integrity work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a positive can-do-attitude and inculcates the same among other team members.
- Has proven ability to work with geographically distributed teams and can work with teams with diverse background and experience.
your application has been submitted