Job Title: Research Technician
Location: Sand Hutton, York
Start Date: ASAP
Contract: Initial 3 Months (+ extension / potential permanent)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri, flexible between 07:00 - 19:00
SRG are currently working with a leading and long-standing environmental research organisation based in York, delivering science for the public good against plant pests, diseases and chemicals that have a global impact on our food security and natural environment. They are currently hiring Research Technicians to help deliver a key project within their Food Safety Team. There are 8 different teams across Food Safety, with this role focusing on pesticides in fruit & vegetables, and veterinary medicine in meat and fish.
- Accepting samples in from deliveries from customers, prepare those samples & log them in to the system. They will be prepared for further analysis before the results come back later down the line
- Testing for pesticide levels in fruit and veg and any antibiotics in veterinary medicines in meat or fish
- Receipt and preparation of sample for the analysis of chemical residues and contaminants in foods as well as preparing samples for food authenticity studies.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely logging and preparation of samples in accordance with SOP's and up-keep of the laboratories used by the sample preparation teams, including sample storage, retrieval and disposal.
- The team works closely with the other research teams in the programme and staff may be expected to redeploy effectively throughout the Programme according to changing work demands.
- Educated to degree level within a relevant scientific subject e.g. Biology, Plant Science, Environmental Science or Microbiology and may have some lab experience from university or post-graduation (desirable - not essential)
- A methodical approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritise work, be a keen collaborator, and ability to work autonomously.
If this role sounds of interest, apply online today, or contact Nathan McCarron with a recent copy of your CV via Nathan.McCarron@srgtalent.com.
your application has been submitted