SRG are currently looking to recruit a PPS Research Associate to join a global agrochemical company based in Bracknell area.
The Weed Control Research Biology Team contributes to the invention and development of novel herbicidal active ingredients and supports existing herbicidal products by generating high quality biological data. The purpose of the Research Associate is to support Weed Control Research Biology EPS or PPS platforms by spraying, maintaining, and/or assessing plants in the glasshouse to deliver timely, quality data to herbicide research projects.
The job holder will work in the EPS or PPS screening operations team within Weed Control and will be required to spray, maintain, and assess herbicide bioassays in the glasshouse, using established and novel weed screening methods producing biology data to enable project decisions.
- Work independently and as part of a team while carrying out experimental work using established and novel screening methods
- Maintain plants under glasshouse conditions for the duration of the test.
- Accurately assess plants for herbicidal symptomology and activity, validate and enter results into relevant database
- Be accountable for work being done with precision, accuracy, and efficiency
- Perform all activities in accordance with the Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy
- Work efficiently in high-throughput team environment
- Identify any issues, non-conformities and report them
- Accurately keep records and databases current
- Can be involved in training of daily tasks
- Good work ethic and works consistently in performing role
- Proactive in identifying problems and assists in solving them
- Shows initiative to improve WOWs of the screening platform
Education & Experience:
- B.Sc. degree or A levels plus one to two years' experience in a related field preferred.
Critical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of plant biology; ideally also with knowledge of weed control and some agronomy.
- Entry level knowledge of laboratory techniques.
- Use of Microsoft office programs.
- Good analytical, organizational, and people skills.
- Be detailed oriented and a good communicator.
- Agility in learning new tasks, self-starter, and team player.
- Good self-motivating, self-managing, and time management skill sets.
12 months contract/ 36h per week/ rate: £12.60
If this role is of interest to you, (or you know anyone who might be suitable), please click the link to apply or email your CV to Natalia Santoro at Natalia.email@example.com
your application has been submitted