Dear Job Seekers
Sorry! We didn’t find any related jobs matching your criteria.
Team Lead - Oncology
Up to £70k p/a
Working on a patented NGS platform on new applications for the Oncology market, and the design and development of new assay methodology. This role will see you coach, develop and progress a small team of technical staff and provide hands-on leadership in order to support robust protocols for a sample-to-sequence output informing next stages for Oncological applications.
* Plan, design and develop diagnostic assays for oncology applications to meet specific needs
* Deliver design control documentation for assays to support transfer to manufacture alongside validation and verification activities
* Acting as subject matter expert for sequencing for oncology in in-vitro diagnostics, through regular research using the latest scientific and medical literature
* Creation of detailed development plans, budgets and timelines for assay development activities such as project milestones in conjunction with the R&D department. Manage and deliver against these plans to include progress reporting and budget spend tracking
* Liaison with commercial teams in order to understand the user needs and product requirements and ensure the oncology workflows address these needs
* Advise regulatory team to support their definition for product validation strategy, leading proposal aerating for grants and funding
* Technical leadership of a small team - setting objectives, annual reviews, training needs analysis, hiring new staff, modelling best practice in the BSL2 rated labs and ensuring all work is completed to ISO 13485 standard
* MSc or PhD in Molecular Genetics, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline
* Proven, strong industry experience in oncology assay design and development
* In-depth knowledge of DNA/RNA manipulation methods such as PCR, nucleic acid purification, detection and analysis
* Expert level in blood and tissue handling, and/or other complex bio-specimens
* Proven skills with NGS workflows, specifically nucleic acid extraction and library prep
* Experience in managing a team of scientists at varying stages of their careers from RA to Snr Scientist
* Skilled project manager with track record of successful delivery
* Team player who is able to interact effectively with colleagues outside of their area of expertise and exercise strong influencing skills
* It is preferrable to bring experience in the development of molecular IVD products for commercially relevant applications, especially cartridge-based systems and in stabilising reagents.
If this role sounds of interest to you, and your CV demonstrates a clear relevant background then please apply now and attach your CV in Word, or contact Bec Johnston for more information:
email@example.com / 01223 607858