Technical Sales Advisors required in the West midlands or South Yorkshire, with a HND in Chemistry as a minimum. Recent Chemistry graduates with industry experience are encouraged to apply
Technical Sales Advisor (X2)
South Yorkshire /West Midlands
£24,000 - £28,000 (Dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a leading waste management and recycling company who have a long and very successful history of supporting the UK chemical industry. They are now looking for Technical Sales Advisors to join the team at their site, either in the West Midlands or in South Yorkshire. This role involves being the point of contact for all current and prospective clients and offering complex solutions for their chemical and hazardous waste requirements. It's a fast-paced, dynamic role that requires a high level of professionalism, an excellent chemicals knowledge, a high level of time management and organisational skills, with the ability to communicate affectively and promptly across all business functions. This role offers excellent incentives and career development opportunities, with full support and training in the complexities of the role. It's heavily reliant on your chemistry knowledge and they pride themselves in the development of their chemists/ employees.
Benefits: A fantastic opportunity within chemicals industry, with full mentoring and training provided, with outstanding prospects. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday to Friday, 24 days holiday + statutory bank holidays. Access to Rewards Gateway offering excellent discounts and cash back with many large retailers.
WORKING FROM HOME is offered, with 1 to 2 days required in the office.
- Efficient, prompt, methodical and professional handling of customer queries
- Produce technical sales quotations, communicate these to customers and converting them into completed sales
- Understanding client business needs, understanding the waste and chemical waste complexities involved, so as to provide complex solutions in a timely manner
- Where necessary, timely arrangement for sample collection from customer sites in order to be analysed in the laboratory
- Effective gathering of technical information with technical awareness to identify other potential services that could be provided
- As the point of contact for existing and future clientele, you must have the ability to build rapport and establish relationships with suppliers and with customers
- Analysis, interpretation and reporting of data
- HND in Chemistry (or similar) as a minimum
- Prior experience in customer service or sales is ideal
- Must communicate effectively and confidently
- Time and people management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous experience in similar industry e.g. waste management, would be advantageous but is not essential
- Business acumen
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively, please email a copy of your CV to Raffaella.email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies. If you know of someone else who may be interested in this role, please do pass on my details.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: Chemistry, hazardous waste, chemicals, waste management, communication, time management, technical awareness, organisational skills, business acumen, customer service, sales, HND, chemical, transfer station, chemistry graduate, laboratory, work from home, WFH
your application has been submitted