Olefins Technical Service Manager required. Requiring a proven and strong background in ethylene or styrene manufacturing processes. Degree in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering essential
Olefins Technical Service Manager
Can be based remotely, regular travel to Cheshire, UK
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience)
SRG is working with a large chemical manufacturer who are well-established in the petrochemical sector. The business is now looking to hire a Technical Service Manager specialising in Olefins, particularly ethylene and/or styrene. This key role will provide leadership, expertise and technical support on olefin manufacturing processes, challenges and process additives. You will lead communication with customers, interpreting needs and coordinating with R&D to drive targeted development work and application trials. This would be a unique and exciting opportunity for a degree-qualified Chemist or Chemical Engineer, who has particular expertise in olefin technology and a strong technical background working with or in ethylene production. An in-depth understanding of the additives which can improve operation and productivity of ethylene or styrene plants would be highly advantageous.
Benefits: A senior, highly autonomous role which will have significant business impact. Can be based remotely, ideally UK or Germany, with regular travel across EMEA region (60-70% of time). Initial expectation to spend 50% of time on-site at facility in Cheshire. Excellent company pension and bonus potential, private healthcare and 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Role / Description
- Hybrid role, combining technical proficiency and commercial acumen
- Providing expertise & technical support regarding ethylene and/or styrene production processes, issues, bottlenecks and possible resolutions through additive treatment
- Initiating, driving and overseeing technical trials, production start-ups and new product introduction for process treatment applications
- Identifying and interpreting customer needs to articulate and help define product development programmes, providing input and guidance to R&D and technical service
- Defining and developing strategies for new products and/or applications in the olefin market and translating these new opportunities for the business
- Maintaining a good knowledge of the olefins market, understanding the drivers, gaps and trends
- Providing guidance to senior business teams regarding strategic decisions
- Building an understanding of competitors, their products and activities in the market
- Representing the company at industry events, conferences and committees
- Proven background/experience working with or directly in ethylene or styrene production processes
- Degree-qualified in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry (or similar)
- Technical and operational understanding of additives used in ethylene and/or styrene production to improve quality, productivity and solve process issues
- Commercial acumen surrounding product marketing, sales and customers
- Self-starter with excellent influencing skills, able to justify recommendations with evidence
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: olefin, alkene, ethylene, ethene, ethane, styrene, ethylbenxene, aromatic, petrochemical, manufacturing, production, processing, steam cracking, cracked gas, hot ends, acid gas, compression, distillation, naptha, gasoil, methane, Fischer-Tropsch
your application has been submitted