Main role purpose:
The post holder plans and delivers mechanical and civil engineering activities for the Manufacturing Site to ensure both legal and Company standards are adhered to and that the current and future targets for SHE, asset condition, production and fixed costs are achieved.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Maintain plant mechanical and civil engineering standards to comply with defined legal, statutory, Company and food safety (BRC) and standards.
- Input to and support the delivery of the annual mechanical and civil engineering/maintenance fixed cost budget.
- Facilitate the analysis of maintenance spending and the identification and implementation of cost improvement initiatives.
- Supply as required technical specifications to the maintenance and project teams to allow plant engineering work to be completed as necessary.
- Define and implement asset maintenance programmes and procedures to maintain or improve asset performance and equipment reliability.
Key skills & experience required:
- Graduate Mechanical / Manufacturing Engineer with 3+ years of experience.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation - Pressure Systems Safety Regulations, Health & Safety at Work Act, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations etc.
- A strong set of engineering skills in design, development and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of budgets and their control.
- Excellent adherence to standards and codal compliance.
- Good analytical, strategic thinking and coaching skills.
- Must display initiative, tenacity and concern for impact.
- Prepared to challenge conventional norms and provide alternative solutions.
your application has been submitted